BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition for Worldwide Photographers, 2019 is being organised by the California Academy of Sciences. The BigPicture encourages photographers from around the world to contribute their work to this competition that will both celebrate and illustrate the rich diversity of life on Earth and inspire action to protect and conserve it through the power of imagery. This Contest is open to all photography enthusiasts and professionals alike worldwide to compete for a chance to win the US Dollar 5,000 grand prize. All sate, all religions and all country apply to this contest.
Continue read this port till the end to get more information about Natural World Photography Competition Contest like Application Process, Eligibility Criteria, Selection process, Important dates, official links etc.
Before we talk about the BigPicture natural world photography competition in detail. let’s have a look at some quick facts about the competition.
|Contest Name||BigPicture Natural World Photography Competition|
|Organizer||California Academy of Sciences|
|Awarded Prize||US Dollar 5,000|
|Entry Fees||US Dollar 25 for up to 10 single image submissions |
Us Dollar 15 for 1 Photo Series submission (3–5 images)
|Age limit||Not Specified|
|Registration Begins||December 1, 2018 (12:00 am North American Pacific Standard Time (PST))|
|Registration Ends||March 1, 2019 (11:59 pm North American Pacific Standard Time (PST))|
|Apply Link||Click Here|
- Contestant has to visit on the official website Click Here
- Read all the information about this contest carefully
- Find out the Submit Photo (S) and Submit Photo Salary button option on the left side of the page Click Here
- Contestant entering our email address and password by the Sign-Up option for applying this contest.
- Photographers have to enter each image like Terrestrial Wildlife, Winged Life, Landscapes, Waterscapes and Flora, Aquatic Life, Human/Nature and Art of Nature and a 5–8 image submission with captions.
- All Contestant must create a Competition account using the Academy contracted
Competition platform, providing contact information and a password for their personal
- Applicant must agree to these Rules by checking the appropriate box for this contest.
- A contestant may enter all images in a single category or select different categories
for different photos and photos may be colour or black and white.
- Digitally uploaded images can be entered in this contest.
Note:- Mailed or shipped entries will not be accepted, each photo must be entered into the desired category. Judges will not know the name of the Entrants during the judging process.
- This contest (BPPC) is open to all photographers worldwide but except employees volunteers and Board members of the Academy.
- The immediate families and individuals living in the same household as such employees, volunteers and Board Members are not eligible to apply this contest.
- Academy reserves the right to verify, in its sole judgment, entrant eligibility.
- For more information Click Here
- There will be one Grand Prize to be selected from all entries.
- One Grand Prize, 7 First Place prizes and Certificates of Recognition will be awarded
for up to 6 finalists in each category.
|Grand Prize||US Dollar 5,000||Big Picture|
|First Place for each category (7 total, includes Photo Essay category)||US Dollar 1,000||Big Picture|
|Finalists (up to 6 in each category, excludes Photo Essay category)||Certificate of Recognition||Big Picture|
Note:- In the event that any single category is without an image of sufficient merit, Academy reserves the right not to award images and/or remove the category in its entirety. All decisions made by judges and the Academy are final.
Entry Fee for Photographers
Each photographer can enter photos as follows:
- $25 for up to 10 single image submissions in any category
- $15 for 1 Photo Story submission (5–8 images)
Note: Entry fees must be completed by the competition deadline (March 1, 2019) to be eligible to win. The fee can be paid through a credit card
- Entrants are limited to up to 10 single image submissions per registered email address and may register an unlimited number of email addresses.
- Payment is made on a secure web page using a major credit card.
- Entry fees must be completed by the competition deadline (March 1, 2019) to be eligible to win.
- Images are not entered into the competition, eligible for prizes, or made viewable to judges until the contest fee is paid.
- Entry fees are used to provide the competition prizes and help the Academy in its mission and are non-refundable.
|Registration Open||1 December 2018||12:00 am North American Pacific Standard Time (PST)|
|Registration Closed||1 March 2019||11:59 pm North American Pacific Standard Time (PST)|
Hope reading this post must be interesting and informatics for the BigPicture Natural world Photography Competition. If you are interested to know more about BigPicture Natural world Photography Competition then click on a below-given link for official websites and information.
|Head Office||55 Music Concourse Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA|
|Contact Number||Not Available|
General FAQ’s on Contests
Que. 1:- What is the Contest?
A promotional scheme in which (unlike in a sweepstake) participants compete for prizes by accomplishing something that requires skill. Although (unlike in a lottery) no fee is charged for participating in a contest, a certain number of proof-of-purchase tokens (such as bottle caps or empty packages) are often required to accompany each entry.
Que.2:- What is the qualifications required to enter the contest?
You can enter the contest regardless of nationality, age, gender, or professional/amateur status, also for some contests it may vary accordingly.
Best of Luck…!!