The Ratnakar Bank is one of the oldest commercial banks in the Indian subcontinent, headquartered in the Kolhapur region of Maharashtra. Founded in August 1943. Along with its services it also provides the facility of Ratnakar Bank Educational Loan. If you want Education Loan to pursue higher studies from Abroad or India, You are at the right place to collect every aspect of information related to Education Loan in India.
Read this full post on Ratnakar Bank Education Loan for information Like Eligibility, How to apply, Interest Rates, Documents Needed, Different aspects of Education Loan, Interest Rates, Return Policy, General Instructions etc. Throughout the article, we will share information regarding RBL Bank Educational Loan it’s Process to Apply and full detailed Information.
Ratnakar Bank Education Loan
The major aim of the bank is to ensure anywhere and any time banking for the customer with the latest state-of-the-art technology. The Bank is very serious about its Education Loan Facility and by developing an effective customer-centric relationship it promises to emerge as a world-class education Loan provider. Before we share further, let us first have a brief review of the Bank.
|Name of Bank||Ratnakar Bank|
|Founded on||August 1943|
|Headquarter||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Type of Bank||Private bank|
|Number of Employees||4,902 (2017)|
|CEO Name||Mr Vishwavir Ahuja|
|Maximum Loan Amount||Rs 20 lakhs|
|Timeline for Loan Disposal||Maximum 15 Working days|
|Annual Revenue||4,468.62 crore (US$620 million) (2017)|
|Processing Fees||No Processing Fee will be charged|
|Category||Education Loan in India|
Types of RBL Bank Student Loan
|1.||Education Loan||Education loan is a tenor based instalment loan that can be availed for higher education in India and abroad.
Loan amount from Rs 50,000 up to Rs 10 lakhs for studies in India and up to Rs 20 lakhs for studies abroad.
How to Apply
- Visit official Web Site of RBL Bank (Click Here)
- Find the Educational Loan Section Apply Now Button
- Fill online Application Form
- Visit the nearest branch of Allahabad Bank to get offline Education Loan form.
- You may also download the form from official web handle.
- Submit the Application Form to Nearest Branch along with document needed.
- The applicant/co-applicant should be an Indian national.
- Minimum net income of Rs. 1.5 Lakhs per annum
- Applicant must have secured admission in a government recognized educational institution.
- Co-applicant can be anyone – Father / Mother / Brother / Sister and Spouse also he/she can be a salaried or self-employed individual.
- Mark sheet of last qualifying examination for school and graduate studies in India
- Academic Records: 10th Result, 12th Result, Graduation result-semester Wise (if Possible) Entrance Exam Result through which admission is being taken
- Proof of admission: Offer Letter or Admission Letter from the Institution.
- Schedule of expenses for the course
- Copies of the letter confirming scholarship, etc.
- Copies of foreign exchange permit, if applicable.
- Passport size photographs
- A brief statement of assets and liabilities of the borrower.
- Mark Sheets / Certificates of English proficiency test and other qualifying tests like GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL etc.
- In the case of US institutes, I-20 Form will be mandatory. Also, scholarship certificates if applicable
- 100% of tuition fee
- Living expenses
- Other expenses
- In case of RBL Bank Education loan, repayment will start after the completion of course period +1 year or 6 months after getting the job. Whichever is earlier
- Repayment up to Maximum of 7 years
EMI Calculator is used for calculating the periodic payment amount due on a loan. For calculating EMI one must input data like Amount, Interest Rate, tenure, Processing Fee etc.
- If you want to calculate EMI for RBL Bank Educational Loan: Click Here
- There is No Security for RBL education loan up to Rs. 4 Lakhs.
|Head office||RBL Bank Ltd.
One Indiabulls Centre, Tower 2B, 6th Floor,
841, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel (W),
Mumbai 400013. India.
|Apply for Loan||Click Here|
|Contact Number||0231 2650981|
RBL Bank Student Loan FAQs
We hope that the information furnished above will guide you to get the best educational loan for your studies. In case of any doubt regarding the loan procedure and other related terms, read our FAQ’s session.
Q1. Who can be my co-borrowers?
Ans. Your parents/guardian can be a co-borrower as well as the spouse in case of a married applicant. The co-borrower should have a steady source of income and a good credit history in order to improve the applicant’s chances of a successful loan application.
Q2. How long does it take to process Educational Loan?
Ans. Generally, the time taken for the education loan to process is somewhat between 7-10 working days. Often, the whole process can be easily completed within 3 to 5 Working days, once the student fulfils all documentation.
Q3. What all expenses will be covered by education loans?
Ans. Apart from the tuition fees, other aspects of expenses such as hostel charges, equipment purchases and other course-related expenses may also be covered by the education loan.
Q4. What are the courses for which an education loan can be availed?
Ans. An education loan can be availed for all courses recognized by the UGC in case of India and all regular courses abroad. Each lender has its own list of educational institutions and courses that they would provide a loan for whether overseas or within India.
Q5. Can a student avail another loan for further studies?
Ans. Yes, this is possible. You can borrow a loan for a bachelor’s degree followed by one for master’s without repaying the first loan. This loan can be taken as a top-up loan against the already existing loan; however, it is subject to the lending bank’s discretion and the internal rules and regulations of the lender.
Q6. Do education loans have any Income Tax benefits?
Ans. Loan borrowers can avail tax benefits on interest paid on education loan under Sec 80E of the Income Tax Act. This benefit is available over and above the Rs. 150,000 deduction allowed under Section 80C. Tax benefits can be availed once the borrower starts paying the interest on the education loan. Further, the deduction is available until the borrower pays off the full interest amount on the loan or for a maximum period of 8 years, whichever is earlier.
Q7. Why do banks require an insurance policy?
Ans. Banks usually prefer that students avail a life insurance policy equivalent to, or more than, the loan amount. The policy acts as a security feature and forms a part of the collateral. In case of the untimely demise of the borrower, the bank recovers the outstanding loan amount from the student’s life insurance policy and the remaining amount, if any, is paid out to the beneficiary of the policy.
Q8. Is any incentive available for a girl student applying for education loan?
Ans. Banks generally provide a 0.5% concession on the applicable education loan interest rate to girl students pursuing higher education in India and abroad.
Q9. Are there any special privileges for students of SC/ST category who avail education loans?
Ans. Yes, eligibility criteria and loan margins on education loan are relaxed for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe students availing education loans in India. The eligibility criteria are lowered from first/second class to pass class for SC/ST category students seeking education loan for graduate and postgraduate studies, while, margin money is sometimes lowered than the regular percentage or nil.
Q10. Where can I avail on a Ratnakar Bank education loan?
Ans. The loan is available from all branches in metro/urban areas as well as those having personal banking divisions.
Best of Luck..!!