Chevening – the UK Government’s global scholarship programme – invites applications from outstanding professionals from India who wish to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university. The scholarships offer future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK on fully-funded scholarships, leaving the scholars free to focus on achieving their academic goals, develop professionally and academically, grow their network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Chevening Scholarships 2019: Quick Overview
|Deadline||8 Nov 2018|
|Class / Course||Master Degree|
|Awarded Amount||Full Fees|
|Apply Now||Click here|
Who is offering this scholarship?
Chevening Scholarships are offered by the Government of UK in collaboration with UK Universities.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
To be eligible for a Chevening Award, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of India (or another Chevening-eligible country)
- Return to India for a minimum of two years after the candidate’s award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable the candidate to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university (Equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK).
- Have at least two years’ work experience (up to five years for fellowship programmes)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 11 July 2019
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019 (IELTS overall 6.5, with minimum 5.5 in each component)
What are the benefits?
The following will be included as part of the Chevening Scholarship:
- University tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- Arrival allowance
- Homeward departure allowance
- Cost of visa application
- Travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
How can you apply?
To apply for the scholarship, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Visit the application page and log in or register as a new applicant
Step 2: Fill in all the required details
Step 3: Upload the required documents
Step 4: Submit the application
What are the documents required for the Chevening Scholarships 2019?
Applicants will be required to upload the following documents:
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK master’s course choices
- Names of two referees who know you in a professional or academic capacity