Ishan Uday Scholarship 2019 Scheme for North Eastern Region is being provided by the University Grants Commission. The scheme is famous for promoting higher education and encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region. The “Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme” for North Eastern Region was started from the academic session 2014-15.
Read this full post to full information about the Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region Central Scheme like Important Dates, Documents Needed, How to apply, Benefits, etc.
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme.
Before we give full information about this special scholarship scheme let us first have a look at some of the quick facts related to this special scheme.
|1.||Name of Scholarship||Ishan Uday – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region Central Scheme|
|3.||Scholarship Provider||University Grants Commission|
|4.||Application begins||Not yet closed|
|5.||Last Date to Apply||November 2019 Expected|
|6.||Application form||Click here|
How to Apply.
- First applicant have to start an application online on the official website Click Here
- Click New user register option button. Click here
- Read all the guideline for Registration on National Scholarship Portal carefully, then click on the Continue option Button.
- Then Fill in all the required information carefully and click on the Register option button.
- While register then click on the login button for Login
- Finally, fill in all required information carefully then click on the login button option.
- Only first-year Under-graduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
- For dual degree courses, the scholarship shall be tenable for the first degree only.
- Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2017 for applications called
for during the year 2017-18.
- Students with domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only, and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and paramedical courses (Integrated courses included) in universities/Colleges/Institutions recognized .
Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme Benefits
The student will be given money for education Rs.5400/- per month for the general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
The following shall not be eligible under this scheme
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- Students already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme(s).
- Students gaining admission through „management quota‟.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, not leading to the award of a Degree.
- Students whose parents‟ income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per annum using courses, such as
Diploma Courses, not leading to the award of the degree.
- Must is required Income certificate.
- Must is required Resident proof.
- For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College.
|Application Begins||Not yet closed|
|Last Date to Apply||November 2019 Expected|
|Official Website||Click here|
|Guideline Pdf||Click here|
Frequently Asked Questions
Que. How does the scholarship provider choose a winner?
Each scholarship provider is looking for different skills or interests. A winner must meet all of the standard criteria required for the scholarship but also distinguish himself from the rest of the applicants. Read about the scholarship and try to determine what exactly the scholarship provider is looking for so that you can emphasize your related qualities in you.
Que. Does the amount I receive in scholarships affect my eligibility for financial aid?
Yes. Often the scholarship provider gives your award to the college you are attending as credit towards your tuition. If this happens, the school adjusts your unmet financial need accordingly.
Que. If the required G.P.A. is different that I have, should I still apply?
No. If you don’t meet the criteria exactly you shouldn’t apply. Scholarship offers typically receive thousands of applications. Anyone who doesn’t meet the requirements is typically disqualified.
Que. What is the difference between a lottery scholarship and a merit scholarship?
Most scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit; thus, students distinguished by academic excellence, participation in extracurricular activities and involvement in community service have the best chance at receiving one of these rewards. Lottery scholarships, on the other hand, are chosen at random, meaning every student who applies has an equal chance of winning.
Que. What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?
This depends largely upon the scholarship, how well you meet qualifications and the level of effort that you exert in your search. If you can find scholarships that are limited to students within a state, city, sport or academic area, you have a better chance of winning. Choose scholarships that give you an opportunity to exercise your skills in an area of interest to you —this should increase your chance of winning. Also, keep in mind that to find money for college, you have to create your own success by committing the time and brain power necessary to achieve your goal.