UGC PG Scholarship for SC ST Students is a PG level Scholarship scheme for students pursuing Professional Courses. The objective of the UGC PGSPROF Scholarship Scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects in the eligible institutions.
Read this full post to full information about the UGC PG Scholarship for SC ST Students for Perusing Professional Courses. Know about the scheme like Important Dates, Documents Needed, How to apply, Benefits, etc.
UGC PG Scholarship for SC ST Students.
Before we give full information about this special scholarship scheme let us first have a look at some of the quick facts related to this special scheme.
|1.||Name of Scholarship||PG Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST Students for Perusing Professional Courses UGC|
|2.||Benefit||Financial Assistance to 1000 SC/ST Candidates|
|3.||Scholarship Provider||University Grant Commission (UGC)|
|4.||Application begins||Not yet Disclosed|
|5.||Last Date to Apply||November 2019|
|6.||Application form||Click Here|
How to Apply
- Applicant has to visit on the official site Click Here
- Find out the New Registration button option on the top of the page and for new registration Click Here
- Read all the information carefully
- Click Continue button option on the bottom of the page
- Fill in all the required information carefully and click the register option.
- After register then click on the Login option.
- Finally, fill in all required information carefully then click on the login option.
- Candidates who are pursuing professional courses in the following Institutions/ Colleges/Universities.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to
receive grants-in-aid fromUGC,
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/StateGovernment and Institutes of National Importance.
- The tenure of an award is for two/three years depending upon ten of the postgraduate course and not for an extended period of study if any.
- Selected applicant for the award of PG scholarships (under ME/M.Tech.) shall be provided Scholarship Rs.7800/-per month for the duration of the PG Scholarship. For other courses, the amount of scholarship will be paid Rs.4500/- per month.
- No contingency is payable to the students selected under the scheme with effect from
- The scholarship shall be payable to the awardee from the date of joining the Post Graduate I year course during the year and the University/ Institute/College should verify the application.
- Must be required Income certificate of the applicant parents/guardians.
- Must be required Caste certificate of the applicant.
- Proof of admission required of the applicant.
- Scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of first-year postgraduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of an annual progress report being granted by the administrative head of the University/ Institution/ College.(E.g. Registrar of a University/ Director of the Institution/ Principal of the College or any other officer designated by them).
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- Change in course of study will not be permitted.
- The scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
- The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through the designated bank branches of Canara Bank.
Cancellation of Award
- Scholarship of a student may be cancelled in any of the following cases.
- Failure of the awardee to pass the first year of Post Graduate course in first division or
equivalent CGPA score.
- Discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons.
- The candidate is later found ineligible on account of false information provided in the online application or incorrect bank details.
|Application Begins||Not yet Disclosed|
|Last Date to Apply||November 2019|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions.
Que. How does the scholarship provider choose a winner?
Each scholarship provider is looking for different skills or interests. A winner must meet all of the standard criteria required for the scholarship but also distinguish himself from the rest of the applicants. Read about the scholarship and try to determine what exactly the scholarship provider is looking for so that you can emphasize your related qualities in you.
Que. Does the amount I receive in scholarships affect my eligibility for financial aid?
Yes. Often the scholarship provider gives your award to the college you are attending as credit towards your tuition. If this happens, the school adjusts your unmet financial need accordingly.
Que: Are all candidates pursuing postgraduate courses in Indian Universities/ Colleges/Institutes eligible for this award?
No. This scheme is meant only for SC/ST students. General category/ OBC candidates
are not eligible to apply under the scheme.
Que: Are students belonging to SC/ST category who are pursuing post graduation through correspondence/ distance mode eligible for the award?
No. Candidates pursuing a postgraduate course in professional subjects through
correspondence or in Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financially
assistance under this scheme.
Que: Are awardees selected under this scheme eligible to draw contingency and HRA?
No. The awardees are only eligible to receive the scholarship amount.
Que: Are students of the eligible category who are pursuing post-graduation and are in the second year of study eligible to apply under the scheme?
No. Only students pursuing the first year of postgraduate course during the current academic
year are eligible to apply
Que. If the required G.P.A. is different that I have, should I still apply?
No. If you don’t meet the criteria exactly you shouldn’t apply. Scholarship offers typically receive thousands of applications. Anyone who doesn’t meet the requirements is typically disqualified.
Que. What is the difference between a lottery scholarship and a merit scholarship?
Most scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit; thus, students distinguished by academic excellence, participation in extracurricular activities and involvement in community service have the best chance at receiving one of these rewards. Lottery scholarships, on the other hand, are chosen at random, meaning every student who applies has an equal chance of winning.
Que. What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?
This depends largely upon the scholarship, how well you meet qualifications and the level of effort that you exert in your search. If you can find scholarships that are limited to students within a state, city, sport or academic area, you have a better chance of winning. Choose scholarships that give you an opportunity to exercise your skills in an area of interest to you —this should increase your chance of winning. Also, keep in mind that to find money for college, you have to create your own success by committing the time and brain power necessary to achieve your goal.