The UGC PG Scholarship for University Rank Holder (UGC URH Scholarship Scheme) is being provided by the University Grant Commission to the first and second rank holders. The purpose of UGC University Rank Holder Scholarship Scheme is to attract talent for pursuing postgraduate studies besides strengthening the basic subjects at the Undergraduate level.
The awardees, under this scheme, can pursue their Postgraduate programme in any area of specialization in any institution of higher learning in the country. Read the post to get full information about the UGC University Rank Holder Scholarship Scheme Important Dates, Documents Needed, How to apply, Benefits, etc.
UGC University Rank Holder Scholarship Scheme (UGC URH 2019)
Before we give full information about this special scholarship scheme let us first have a look at some of the quick facts related to this special scheme.
|1.||Name of Scholarship||PG Scholarship for University Rank Holder (1st and 2nd Rank Holder) UGC|
|2.||Benefit||Rs. 3,100/- Per Month|
|3.||Scholarship Provider||University Grant Commission UGC|
|4.||Application begins||Not yet Disclosed|
|5.||Last Date to Apply||November 2019|
|6.||Application form||Click Here|
How to Apply?
- Candidates have to visit on the official site Click Here
- Find out the New Registration button option on the top of the page and for new registration Click Here
- Read all the information carefully
- Click Continue button option on the bottom of the page
- Fill in all the required information carefully and click the register option.
- After register then click on the login Login
- Finally, fill in all required information carefully then click on the login option.
- The limit for the students is 30 years at the time of admission in PG course.
- The scholarship is available to the student for first PG Degree only.
- Distance mode of education will not be considered under the scheme.
- The first and second rank holders (Not position holders) would be considered from
Universities/ Institutions and non-affiliated/ autonomous colleges according to the number of students who have appeared in the examination at the undergraduate level as per the following table.
|Nature of Institution||Number of students who appeared in an examination at undergraduate level|
|Affiliating Universities (State/ Central)||100|
|Deemed Universities/ Private Universities /Autonomous Colleges / Non-affiliated||25|
- The Undergraduate courses from following streams have been identified for the award of
scholarships like Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences,
Mathematical Sciences, Social Sciences, Commerce, Languages.
- Before verifying applications of students the concerned Universities may ensure that
applicants satisfy all norms as per guidelines.
- Amount of fellowship: Rs.3,100/- p.m for a period of two years only that is full duration of a PG course. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
Note:- The student who is awarded Post-Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
- Scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of postgraduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of the renewal form.
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- Change in course of study will not be permitted.
- Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the UGC.
- The awardees of previous years will continue to follow the UGC pattern of assistance through the designated bank branches of Canara Bank.
- Income certificate of the applicant parents/guardians.
- Caste certificate of the applicant.
- Proof of admission.
|Application Begins||Not yet Disclosed|
|Last Date to Apply||November 2019|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions.
Que. How does the scholarship provider choose a winner?
Each scholarship provider is looking for different skills or interests. A winner must meet all of the standard criteria required for the scholarship but also distinguish himself from the rest of the applicants. Read about the scholarship and try to determine what exactly the scholarship provider is looking for so that you can emphasize your related qualities in you.
Que. Does the amount I receive in scholarships affect my eligibility for financial aid?
Yes. Often the scholarship provider gives your award to the college you are attending as credit towards your tuition. If this happens, the school adjusts your unmet financial need accordingly.
Que. If the required G.P.A. is different that I have, should I still apply?
No. If you don’t meet the criteria exactly you shouldn’t apply. Scholarship offers typically receive thousands of applications. Anyone who doesn’t meet the requirements is typically disqualified.
Que. What is the difference between a lottery scholarship and a merit scholarship?
Most scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit; thus, students distinguished by academic excellence, participation in extracurricular activities and involvement in community service have the best chance at receiving one of these rewards. Lottery scholarships, on the other hand, are chosen at random, meaning every student who applies has an equal chance of winning.
Que. What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?
This depends largely upon the scholarship, how well you meet qualifications and the level of effort that you exert in your search. If you can find scholarships that are limited to students within a state, city, sport or academic area, you have a better chance of winning. Choose scholarships that give you an opportunity to exercise your skills in an area of interest to you —this should increase your chance of winning. Also, keep in mind that to find money for college, you have to create your own success by committing the time and brain power necessary to achieve your goal.